Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FOCUS


(shouts out to Nate Peracciny on the photography)
since we last spoke I've been fortunate to play alongside Drop The Lime, and my friends Lethal Weapon, Bones Jones/Loc, E-Mission, and Big Basha. it's been a crazy couple of weeks and I seriously am stoked for the next few to come.

(E-Mission wrecking it for Frosty Tone at DBGBs)
I've been brainstorming and sharing knowledge with a small group of heads about the next move I plan on taking with my career, and for my first venture I plan on throwing a networking event showcasing the work and accomplishments of my talented close friends.

we have a date, a spot, and our roster of artists/designers/organizations/musicians exhibiting on the night is near completion. all I can say for now is that CONNECT will be held on the 2nd April at the Lofts at 136 on N. Division in Buffalo... (more details to come)

massive shout out to MNM Presents on bringing the SUBSONIC TOUR to Buffalo. the tour featured brostep brothers in bass Antiserum, Downlink, and the masterful Excision (pictured above).

things kicked off without a hitch and before I knew it the Town Ballroom was packed with close to 700 scenester's sporting hot-topic band-tees, skeptical old heads (most likely stoned) nodding and sipping their drinks, colorful hipsters out 'cooling' each other, pilled out ravers clutching their water bottles, smelly hippies getting way too close for comfort, and of course the future of the scene with eyes gleaming and ears burning, taking notes.

all the while I was bugging out over how serious the 50,000 watts of sound the Rottun label mates we're toting around from city to city. one massive shout out goes to the Big Basha for reppin' Buffalo like a true soldier bringing the subbalicious sound he's known in Buffalo for pushing.

my last shout goes out to my crew who I was posted up for most of the night Swaggle Rock, Brotherbear, Arehouse, Stuntman, Beretta, the Malt Disney, Sun Glasses Mike, and ze HXLY Boys.

that's it for me tho, gotta skate.
we'll talk soon. #fth, all day.

oh yeah, relax... (shouts to Goldstein for this one, holdtight MGI.)
GIG UPDATES:
  • FEB. 18th - Love of Music @ DBGB's (JFN Radio, BUF)
  • FEB. 26TH - HARVARD BASS @ The Purple Monkey (QCC & Factory Nightlife, BUF)
  • MAR. 5TH - 'New Rome' Record Release Party @ Dubland (Act Live, ROC)
  • MAR. 10TH - Dubrevolution @ Noir (Roboroc, BUF)

No comments: